Originally Aired Tuesday, October 2nd, 2006
This week on TechnologyTips Radio: Wireless routers, networking, and PVR’s.
Every Tuesday I appear on AM 640 Toronto (640 AM) on The Stafford Show. Mike Stafford is a good friend and long time host on the station and I started doing 30 minute live tech help calls (no prep, seat of the pants) with him in early 2005, then I was forced to take a break because of my schedule, but now I am back.
If you listen live on the Internet, the show airs Tuesdays at 6:30 PM Eastern Time.
- Andy just got back from the Podcast Expo
- Mike and Andy discussed the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- Aaron wanted some advice on wireless routers. Andy suggested DLink, Netgear and Linksys.
- Bruno had a question about setting up a print server. Andy said he should read this article on TechnologyTips.com .
- Chris called to ask if he could quarantine files.
- Dave wants to buy a PVR. Andy’s favorite is Tivo.
- Tony called to ask about the security of using wireless networks.
- James wanted a recommendation for personal firewall software. Andy recommends either Kerio orF-Secure.
Shownotes by Jean Troiano
Also, be sure to check out LabRats, Andy’s podcast about technology you already own. Watch it whenever you like.