Question: I accidentally deleted event sounds. The only way I could think of to restore them was to reinstall missing files of Windows 95 Plus, but was unsuccessful. All I have now is the Windows default sounds, which I don’t like. I wonder if you could help. –S.V.
Answer: The sound schemes are part of Windows 95 – they’re not Windows 95 Plus software.
To reinstall them:
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Select Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the Windows Setup tab at the top, and scroll down till you see Multimedia.
- Select Multimedia and click on Details.
- Remove all check marks beside the sound schemes.
- Click OK and then click the next OK.
- Shut down and restart the computer, then go back and place check marks back beside all the sound schemes. You’ll then be prompted to insert your Windows 95 installation CD-ROM. The system will then reinstall all the sound files.