We have several way to help you with your tech problem.
1) Get personal help from us. Make a donation to this web site to help us with the costs of running this site, which is visited by more than a million and a half people every year, and we’ll marshal our staff to personally help you.
(Need computer buying advice? See TechnologyTips’s Buyers Guides)
How to get personal help via email
If you donate $29.99 to support this site, Andy Walker, who runs this site, or one his expert troubleshooting staff, will help you via email. We will work with you via email to help you solve your problem. Click the link below to send a $29.99 donation now:
After you have donated, send an email to and include your question. Once we have confirmed your donation via Paypal we will contact you.
In the email please include:
- Your name
- Your email address
And also include as much of the following info as you know:
- Your computer’s brand, make and model. (Please be specific, if you know)
- Amount of RAM memory
- Windows version (this is important)
- The nature of your problem. If it involves a specific piece of software like Outlook Express please include the version. To find this, start the program and look in the Help menu (top right) and click "About" to see what version it is.
- If it involves a scanner or printer or other device connected to your machine please include its make and model.
- Please include any other facts, like how the problem started and if you have added any new program or attempted any fixes.
We will respond via email as soon as we can, often within 24 hours. However sometimes this is not always possible, but we do attempt to be as quick as possible. Note that our site founder Andy Walker makes a living as a technology journalist so much of this assistance is done outside of his normal working hours.
2) Check out the TechnologyTips Tech Help Forums. Andy and other expert users of this site often help people for FREE if they post their problem there.
3) Check these quick fixes. Fifty percent of all tech problems that we encounter through people emailing us through can be solved with one of the following quick fixes.
- Shutdown.Wait 30 seconds and Restart.
- Scan your PC for corrupt files and other bugs using this Error Doctor. If it find something critical, then upgrade it for a small fee to have it fix the problem.
- A new version of a virus scanner and scan for viruses, get a copy of CA Anti-Virus 2007.
- Get an anti-spyware program and clean your computer. We recommend Webroot’s Spy Sweeper.
- Uninstall the problem program and reinstall it, especially after a virus or worm infection.
- Update the software to a newer version if it is really old, especially when it comes to your web browser.
- Reinstall Windows by putting you installation CD in the CD-ROM drive and running setup. Then let the installer overwrite all system files with original versions of them. Take a look at this article on Reformat and Reinstall FAQs.
- Assistance on updating your drivers can be see in this article on How to update your drivers.